- Our new project for the Metropolitan Museum of Art just
opened this week at JFK’s Terminal 4. Be sure to check out their retail store
when you are coming home from a long trip. We have also completed two other
shops for the Met, one at the Fifth Avenue Museum
and one at Newark/Liberty airport in New
- EOA is creating the materials palette for a new retail client. We love working with textures and materials that produce a rich experience. Layers of transparency are the theme for this board.
- EOA/Elmslie Osler Architect just completed the flagship Free
People store in Tokyo, Japan. The project was a complete
gut renovation with changes in the façade. Link to our Facebook page for
more images of the interiors. Also check out Robin’s Pinterest boards to see images of
her Japan travels including
photographs from Kyoto.
EOA’s renovation project in East Hampton, NY
is almost finished. Here are a few before (on the right) and after (on the
left) photographs. The traditional house received a modern update, starting
with the exterior entry and a new red front door.
- Did you read Vogue’s September issue? Check out the cover story on Michelle Phan. Last year L’Oréal tapped EOA to design this make up phenom’s flagship store in New York City’s Noho neighborhood. The store opens in October 2013. Stay tuned for more images on the design.
- EOA recently finished a renovation on Bleecker Street, downtown in New York City. Our team opened up the façade of the apartment building, adding a store front entry and window. We also selected the paint color, Mayflower Red, for the exterior finishes. An important aspect of this project was working New York City’s Landmarks Department. EOA is very experienced in taking a building through the approvals process.
EOA’s project the Urban Farming Food Chain is included in
the FitNation Exhibition at the Center for
Architecture in New York City.
The show is up through September 7th, 2013. Here is a rendering from
our project that is featured. The Urban Farming Food chain was developed in EOA’s
Grow Studio, a design consultancy specializing in urban architecture and
Just a few weeks ago, Robin was sent to Tokyo, Japan by our
client, Free People. They are opening
their first overseas store there and Robin was brought in to work. As
part of the project, she also was able to visit various types of retail
businesses in order to get an idea of how the Japanese consumer shops. This is
a photograph of the doors to Kapital,
an upscale denim store in Tokyo.
Our project for Anthopologie in Albuquerque was listed in Honest
Buildings retail projects email this week. If you haven’t checked out their
website, please do. Honest Buildings is like a “dating” site for buildings,
contractors, and architects.
- Terminal T4 at JFK opened just last month. The building was
expanded by SOM and is home to Delta airlines. EOA is pleased to have a project
in the new building. Stay tuned for more images of the new space which will be
ready in the fall 2013. A special mention goes to Control Group for their work onsite.